Acumen has long held the belief that as a company it has the responsibility to promote Good Citizenship within and without the company.
At Acumen, a sense of responsibility for the environment and the communities in which we work has been part of our culture throughout our trading history, we always work in line with the highest environmental principles and fully embrace the concept and practice of sustainability in terms of economic, environmental and social responsibility.
Acumen will always;
- Respect people, their local community and the local environment in which we work.
- Observe our Corporate Social responsibility by supporting the economy of the communities where we work.
- Monitor, measure and review our performance against agreed targets and benchmarks to facilitate continuous improvement.
Employment and Labour Rights – Equality and Diversity
Acumen is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- It is the Company’s policy not to discriminate against its workers and applicants for employment on the basis of their: race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, political beliefs, gender including transgender, sexual orientation, marital status, family circumstances, disability, appearance, HIV status or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
- All employees will be given equal opportunity for training and advancement and encouraged to progress within the organisation.
- Acumen will not tolerate discrimination within the workplace.
- Acumen recognises the freedom of association.
Trade & Supply Chain
- Acumen will only deal with suppliers that promote sustainable, fair and ethical practices.
- Acumen wishes to conduct business with customers that promote sustainability, fair and ethical practices.
- Acumen wishes to forge long term working relationships with customers and suppliers to the benefit of all concerned, the wider community and the environment.
Compliance with Law
Acumen will only conduct business that is law abiding within the UK and laws that are applicable outside the UK. Acumen will be compliant in employment law, environment law, Health and Safety law and any other laws that are applicable to the operations of the company.
Safety, Health and Environment
Acumen believes in strong health and safety principles. Acumen will promote health and safety within and without the company to prevent fatalities, workplace injuries and impairment of employees, customers and sub-contractors. Acumen will allocate adequate funding and human resource to ensure that health and safety remains a top priority. Executives and senior managers have safety health and environment responsibilities and are empowered to ensure that SHE on all activities is a top priority above all else.
Acumen believes it is the duty of all to protect the environment and as such will put in place schemes, such as recycling, where economically and technically feasible to do so. Acumen will apply this philosophy to its own sites and to customers.
In line with the company’s Sustainability Policy, Acumen will always review each new waste stream/recyclate that we encounter and employ the highest available technique in the waste hierarchy: REDUCE – REUSE – RECYCLE.
Continuous monitoring of legislation and available new technologies also ensure Acumen is offering a ‘best practice’ solution for our customer’s waste materials.
This policy statement will be formally reviewed on an annual basis or sooner if circumstances dictate or there are changes in relevant legislation- Signed for and accepted on behalf of the company-Leon Kirk, Managing Director, 1st May 2016
Head Office, Knottingley
Acumen House, Headlands Lane, Knottingley, West Yorkshire, WF11 0LA
Acumen Waste Services, Tame Road, Middlesbrough, TS3 6LL
Acumen Waste Services, Lincoln Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 0DX
York - Escrick
Acumen Waste Recovery Park, The Old Brick & Tile Works, YO19 6ED
No 2 East Site, East Terminal, Immingham Dock, ImminghamPhone: 01977 529586
Keighley Office, Newbridge Industrial Estate, Pitt Street, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD21 4PQPhone: 0845 600 3572
York - Harewood Whin
Liquid Treatment Plant, Harewood Whinn, Tinker Lane, Rufforth, York, YO2 3RRPhone: 01977 529586